Friday, June 10, 2011

Just Gimme a Nut, notes from the Watt

"Hey man, guess what...I broke from my diet.  Yeah, yeah, I usually get a MacDonalds sausage biscuit in the mornin', (oh yeah they are good good!) so after work instead of the peas and rice I made those, what do ya call 'em... Eg... Egg...Eggos.  Yeah...5 of 'em... with barb-b-que sauce.  Heh."
                                                                                                    -Wix

   Now that's no lie.  Really, that's what he had for breakfast Thursday morning.  Sounds like an Andrew Zimmerman episode of Bizarre Foods.  I'm just sayin'.  It's Wix all the way, no backing off.  He eats like he surfed...radical. And he describes this gourmet dish while we're eatin' wings.  Kinda obscures our whole meal.  Still devour 'em...no hesitation.
No Eggos in our beer!
  Ok, ok, ok, so this week- thigh to waist diminishing to nuthin.  Southeast onshores gave us bump enough to ride though.  Went out Wednesday the 8th, and drove in on some nice rights at the 47th street buried jetty.  Thursday had dropped to knee highs... a few bigger sets maybe if I imagined hard enough, and together with a low tide left me steppin' off in about a foot of juice.  Dude, just gimme a nut, I'll take it! It is true, 2 foot or 20 foot, the stoke's what brings us back.

On a positive note, the upwelling seems to be
coming to a rest.  Bad Water Rising..in the mid 60s
and climbing. 'll take that nut too!                            
Crackin' a lil shell, 6/9

Pride n Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment