Friday, July 29, 2011

Flatties Ya Can't Catch, notes from The Watt

  The mid-summer blues have begun.  A low pressure system has locked us in a serious heat wave.  Temps in the 90's, heat index above 100F. You'd think the water'd be like bathwater.  Nope.  We're hangin in low to mid 70's.  Very refreshing I must say, but not this week.  The only day to go would've been Tuesday (waist peaks), n I was cuttin' grass.  Since then it's been flatter than my Aunt Daisy's gluteus maximus.  See what happens when you challenge the gods?  Thursday evening was no diff no matter what street ya sniffed out. (DAMN I wish I had brought the BZ...if I could only find it).
Paradise found?


Empty line, not even a nibble.  7/28
  When the Target man showed, I mentioned getting in the surf and then renewin' the search for wings.  I mean I drove this far.  Shaking his head he quips, "how about we go for wings now."  Fine. Whatever.  He drove the same distance.  We hit the OC's only 5 Star Dive.  Peppers Tavern on 16th and the Boards in the Sea Scape Motel


  






   After a loooong week we began drinking heavy...Guinness, on draft it was either that or Pabst (not feelin' it).  Scanning the joint - cool place, eclectic dive bar clutter.  The menu, Diego.  Primarily Mexican flav.  Wingwise, dig it: we did 6 ea. Hot, Jerk, and Rasberry Chipotle wings.  Not bad.  I thought the Jerk had the best taste, Tom liked the Hot, and felt the Chipotle was a surprise (didn't think he'd like 'em).  Ok now... good points:  copious amounts of blue cheese dressing and big stalks of celery (Smitty's tends to skimp on the celery for real). Nice variety and the 6 count gives opportunity to sample.  Bad points: still not quite the match in taste...a third place behind Mother's even.  And expensive brah!  Our most expensive tab to date ($50 w/ tip)...and with only 2 of us!  You gonna charge like that you'd better bone up!
  
The vote is in.

The search goes on...

No comments:

Post a Comment