Sunday, May 22, 2011

Working Stiff, notes from The Watt

   We have not made the most of the surf so far.  Timing... timing of jobs, timing of the extracurricular, timing of the day, timing of tide, timing of the current, timing of the waves.  Lack of flexibility... arms, legs, neck.  Restriction... rubber. Lack of time means lack of timing; means feeling the off season stiffness; means fighting that restriction of rubber.  Definitely feeling that loss of timing Thursday.  The surf was a bit rough, but definitely ridable... although not so much for me.  And my gut churned as much as the water.  Nice night though.
5/19- Thursday gut check
So, to alleviate my disappointment and adjust my attitude, I went out the next night as well.  First, I shed the gloves.  Little by little gotta get rid of the rubber, (after all, it feels more natural without the rubber).  The knee/thigh surf was calmer.  I was calmer.  And the rides came.  It's a cliche' but true- what a difference a day makes.  Gonna get me more of 'em!
Clean Friday, 5/20

No comments:

Post a Comment