Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Standard Time, Notes from The Watt.

"Standard Time." Not to my standards that's for f#^king A-right sure! It's the dropping temperatures.  Hot is uncomfortable, but cold...Cold hurts. I'm just sayin'. This time of year can be painful.  See, I'm not one of those types that can get outta the water, jump in the truck, and head home. I prefer to shower off...change...maybe stop for a cup of joe.

In the spring the water is still cold (50's), but the air is warm (mid 60's and up), so stripping off the rubber ain't so bad.  Now ...not so much.  Needless to say, definitely need the post-surf coffee.
       
       Went out the other day.  Gorgeous day.  Clean, waist high sets. Water about 55, air about 45.  No hood.  The only one.  A bit on the nipper if ya know what I mean.  Could barely stand on my last ride. Who says you don't get stiff in those temps?


So, my afternoon session is over.  Offseason winterization leaves my usual outdoor shower inaccessable.  I struggle thru the stripping process.  Fortunately, my truck's heat works great!  On the water I feel the stoke which lessens the cold.  Peeling off the rubber I feel the grip of winter's chill.  It's about 4:45pm...almost completely dark.  Standard Time. Not my standard.  Definitely need that post session joe!

                  Last post-surf Smitty's session

No comments:

Post a Comment